Monday 30 November 2015

Pixels (2015 Film)

Hey everyone, I'll try and type this up as fast as I can because I really need to go to sleep soon for work tomorrow, but I would just like to quickly talk about the film I watched yesterday. Pixels is a 2015 science fiction action-comedy film. The poster suggests that the movie is based on PacMan eating up an island, but it is entirely not the case. This film is actually about the gaming world colliding with the real world. In fact the gaming world is coming down onto earth and attacking the world like a game in which there are only three lives, and once all those lives are used up, the world will be destroyed.

From what I have heard before I even saw this film, a lot of people really hated it, and didn't like it at all so I was a bit skeptical on watching this film, but in fact I quite enjoyed it. I am thinking that fans of the original video games may have went to see this film and hoping for something more spectacular from their childhood characters. I hate to disappoint but this is in fact the case, and most of the characters who may have been good in the games are actually usually the bad guy in the film. I think this could have been one factor affecting people's ratings.

Also because this is a sort of all-star live action mash-up film, you can't really expect to see all your favourite characters anyway as there needs to be some sort of storyline connecting everything together. But I guess while watching this film, I was thinking of Wreck-It Ralph, and how different that movie was rated.

I think the main reason why I liked this film so much was because it sort of brang video games to life in a cool action/ adventure way which I quite liked. Oh I just remembered, I think this movie is more targeted at kids, though I am not 100% sure on this, but I can see kids enjoying this film more than adults would.

Overall I don't see that this film is that bad, but it could have a few more better character developments as there are a few points in the film where I wondered who the characters were, and took me a while to figure this out. Overall I'll give it a 7/10, not a bad film at all. GOODNIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment