Wednesday 12 November 2014

Line Walker (Drama Review)

Hey everyone, today I managed to finish a TVB drama called "Line Walker", I was introduced to this drama from a Youtuber, and I have to say that it's really really good! It is set in Hong Kong and spans over 9 months (though in the end, 3 years has passed). This drama is about cops who go under cover and join gangs and gather intel. Two words to describe this drama, plot twist!! I have never seen such a plot twisting drama before, it is fully action packed, and leaves you hanging with each episode that goes by.

Ok so let me give you some info about this drama, but not enough to reveal too much! So at the beginning of this drama, a cop is pushed off a tall building, this cop arranged for 5 under cover cops to gather intel on certain gangs and people and before much was known he was killed, his last words to another cop was to find the 5 UC's (there was something else but I forgot sorry!). This is actually one thing throughout the entire drama which keeps you watching because you want to know who the 5 cops are. We do not know them all initially because all their info was wiped clean to prevent the information going to the wrong hands, though there are 3 of the 5 who were quickly revealed, as for the last 2, they arrive later, and that's where there comes a plot twist so get ready for a plot twist inside a plot twist!!!!

Another thing in this drama is that there are bad cops the UC's try and sniff out, and then again is some plot twists, especially at the end!! Get ready for that too because you'll be surprised. And with gangs and cops, you can expect there to be guns and fighting, so many that it seems only natural that people can easily avoid bullets!! Also with guns and violence comes death. Quite a lot of well known characters are killed in this drama, something which I have only seen in a handful of dramas, so whoever wrote this drama knew how to plan to use characters well! There was actually one scene which really touched me, something death scenes don't really do, but this one really did. It was actually really painful seeing it, and I'm sure if you watch it too you'd think the same way. I think because of the vulnerability of the characters, it's actually very sad. It's left a very big imprint inside my head. Best death scenes go to.......... Line Walker *clap clap*

And of course with dramas comes romance. I have to say, the way some of them kissed made it look like nothing I've ever seen on a western show(just saying haha). Of course you've got your love triangle, and the couple who do not want to date because they don't want the other to get hurt.

The drama also dealt with domestic abuse which I think they depicted well, though more to the dramatic extreme side as it ended with explosions. Though let me say this, I only see house gasses in Asian dramas, maybe because not as much of us use gas to cook??

Anyway, I think I've talked enough about this drama, I'd give it at least an 8.5/10. It was really good and is a definite must to see!! I've currently moved onto another drama called Joseon Gunman(though I've found that there are many different English names), though I feel like I haven't left the TVB world yet, so I might go and watch another TVB drama soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment