Saturday 11 October 2014

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (Movie Review)

Hey everyone, so I finally managed to watch this movie. I heard so many bad reviews from people, though I've been waiting to watch it since it was first released, just never had the chance to buy a copy. So once again, I won't talk too much about the plot or anything, just my thoughts about it.

This film differs from the previous two films by not being as music related. So the Chipmunks always had concerts and stuff, but this time, there was only one at the end, I think that's where a lot of the bad reviews go. This film is basically another survival film in where the characters are stranded on an island uninhabited.

The film focuses on the development of characters though as we see different sides of everyone, and see them mature, though I won't reveal what actually happens, you'll need to watch it yourself. Though I think this film is more for children to watch rather than older people (such as the people who grew up watching the series) as young children won't really care too much about the plot, as long as something interesting is going on.

Though I have to say that there's an evil character who is revealed quite late in the film. Maybe that's another reason why some people didn't enjoy this film as much, though the unexpectedness made it interesting to say the least so the writers did a good job there.

Overall the film was ok, I don't have much issues with it. Definitely more suited for younger children though as they're the ones who'll enjoy it the most. Well until next time, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment