Wednesday 15 October 2014

Nickelodeon DVD Series (Product Review)

Hi everyone, I thought it was time to review the Nickelodeon DVD releases by Beyond Home Entertainment. I currently have bought 3 different shows: Rugrats, The Wild Thornberrys and Hey Arnold. So Beyond Home Entertainment have been releasing box set collections for quite a while. They have definitely improved from the original Pokemon box sets that's for sure, but there's some room for improvement, so let's review!

So the typical set is a cardboard outside with a plastic casing inside with push cases. There's one thing I don't like about the cardboard case, and that is that there's no sort of slip cover to go over this case, so it sort of just flings open whenever which I think makes it seem a bit more cheaper because usually set designs like these have some sort of slip over these cases. I have seen a different design though, they were just the usual DVD cases, nothing special.

As for the contents inside, they have nicely separated each season out into 3-5 discs usually. Aspect ratio is in its usual form, and you can tell they restored the shows well as grain isn't as evident, and shakiness isn't that present. For Rugrats though, I did notice that the colours were a bit dull for my liking, though I seem to recall it being the usual dull colour. So far I have not seen any errors too which is good. Some of the Pokemon box sets had errors, though I think most of those errors came from the design of the cases which ultimately caused problems on some of the discs.

Overall these Nickelodeon DVD series released by Beyond Home Entertainment is pretty good. Like a lot of people, I'm waiting on Blu-Ray releases for full 1080 HD. I feel like I'm missing something, but I'll update if I remember what it was. I just hope that they release other childhood titles! Well until next time, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment