Saturday 25 October 2014

Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon (Movie Review)

Hey everyone, so the title says movie review, but you should all know by now that reviews at the moment will be kept to the minimum as I'm focusing most of  my time studying these days, but let's get onto a quick review on another Scooby-Doo movie.

Unlike the previous film I watched, I actually watched this one from start to end, and even still at this moment there are some blanks which I cannot fill in, and I don't know if my brain is exhausted after a long day, or that I'm just not cut out to watch children targeted movies anymore. But anyway, this film features Blue Falcon and Dynomutt who are characters created by Hanna-Barbera Productions from a 70's show I believe, though I was born in the late 90's so until today I had no idea about these characters (sorry about that folks!) . So anyway, I guess this marks a sort of guest appearance/ collab with the Scooby-Doo franchise.

The film revolves around a comic-book convention in which as you guessed it, there's a monster wrecking havoc, and the Mayor is only interested in investment from the convention, so the event continues. The original  Blue Falcon actor was replaced by a younger actor and stars in a new film about the Blue Falcon, with everyone oblivious to the original Blue Falcon. This actually reminds me of one of the Ben 10 episodes, but I won't talk about that here. So anyway, the Mystery Inc gang investigates the mystery, and really... that's sort of what I remember, until ending anyway.

This film really just follows your usual Scooby-Doo film format, so much that I cannot really say much, other than I wish they could introduce something in which they have not yet. Though I know it's hard to get that new idea. In actual fact these new films seem to sort of follow a similar route. I don't know why, but the first few films up to the mid 00's seemed really good compared to these newer ones, I don't know what happened! Though when it came to unmasking the guy in the mask, you sort of don't have a clue on who it actually was. Every time I see a new Scooby-Doo episode or movie, I try to figure out who the culprit was, though most of the time, the evidence that they "collect" is a bit lacking.

Overall there's not much to talk about, it just follows your usual film routine. I'm not saying it's a bad film, but when you've seen most of the collection, the films can get a bit repetitive. My raiting would have to be a 6.5/10. Not bad at all. Well until my next investigation, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment