Friday 15 August 2014

Big Brain Academy (Game Review)

Ok, so in the last post I mentioned that I just received this game along with some others. I will now review Big Brain Academy for DS. So what is this game about? Well as the title suggests, in the game you test your brain through various categories which are...

1. Think
2. Memorize
3. Compute
4. Analyze
5. Identify

I have to say that I'm only good at Identify and Memorize, while I'm really bad at the thinking part at the moment. But anyway in this game you test your abilities by doing the 5 categories, so you could be finding the heaviest object, matching objects, counting, memorizing stuff etc, and at the end of this test, your points are added up and your brain gets weighed, and you get a score. At the start I was a D+, but now I'm a C- haha. You do all 5 things to get a score but after that you can just do each separate category to help improve for next time.

This game offers a multiplayer mode, if your friends have the game. I think it's the sort of game where you want to vs your friends and family and try and beat them. I think it'd be cool if you could vs people online, but obviously this is not a feature in the game, but it is a DS game after all.

For $5 at Mighty Ape, it was a bargain, that was one of my incentives to buy this game, also that I wanted to buy a DS game which I could play daily to help give my brain a workout. If you want to give your brain a workout, then this is the game for you! There used to be a PlayFish game on Facebook called "Who has the Biggest Brain?!" and I have to say that many of the questions are the same, but this DS game offers a lot more variety, so you're not doing the same activities over and over again.

I have to say that I wouldn't play this game hours on end though, but will play it occasionally everyday. What would I rate this game? Maybe a 7? I can't say there's anything wrong with this game at all. It's not your usual game that most people play on a DS though, I feel like it could almost be an app.

That's all for this review, hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment