Friday 22 August 2014

The Green Hornet (2011 Film Review)

I just saw an ad on TV for this film and decided to do a review on it as I had only just watched this movie around 1 month ago. Before I begin, I am really sorry for Jay Chou as his name wasn't even mentioned in the ad, only Seth Rogan and Cameron Diaz, could I hint a bit of racism there? Can't be sure, but it's not very nice as he plays a more major role than Cameron Diaz. But anyway......

The Green Hornet is a superhero, action ,comedy film and is based off characters from a radio program from the 1930's. It stars two main characters Britt Reid who's played by Seth Rogen and Kato who's played by Jay Chou. These characters end up being The Green Hornet, after Britt and Kato are caught on camera and are broadcast in the media being criminals (even though they're actually the good guys), the twist here is that Britt actually is managing a newspaper company so he deliberately makes the front page about himself(The Green Hornet) every time.

But his ego gets the best of him and while Kato does all the weapons/ machinery and fighting, Britt sort of does nothing. Although this is the case, there is an identity crisis and Kato ends up being the sidekick. They have a fight in the film, and must settle their differences in the last half of the film before someone gets killed, so that's what happens in the film!

Anyway, this film actually got mixed to negative reviews from critics, but I'd actually have to give it a positive review. 7.5 out of 10 and I'll tell you why!

So first I have to say, there is a lot of action which goes on in this film which is normal for a superhero sort of film. Another thing I have to say is that it's actually pretty funny. I think Cameron Diaz makes the film 10x funnier so go her lol! There's a scene where Britt and Kato arrive at Lenore Case's house unannounced(Played by Cameron Diaz), and she beats the **** out of them lol. (Note:**** can mean anything, so **** can stand for STUFF, or SHIP, or DAYS. Well you get it haha). Anyway, also I have to say that the weapons and cars are very imaginative(unless they have been designed before this film was created, then no it wasn't haha), and also there's a plot twist which I never even suspected until it's revealed in the end which I'm sure everyone didn't know about too!

All in all, it's not a bad film at all, I have to say that it's a bit different to your usual superhero films but it is still quite nice to watch so watch if you haven't :)

No comments:

Post a Comment