Monday 4 August 2014

The Legend of Korra Book 3 Change (TV Show Review)

We are currently up to book 3, episode 9. This is the first episode where they started showing episodes online only. I will not talk about episode 9 but on what's happened so far and my thoughts so if you don't want spoilers on stuff up to episode 9 I suggest you don't read this until you do.

I've been a fan of Avatar for as long as it came out. I used to watch the series once a month or two. My all time record was only 2.5 weeks apart before I watched the whole series again. It was sad to hear it end but when I heard about Legend of Korra I was really excited! I have to say the first book wasn't that great, and book 2 only got better towards the end.

By book 3 they explore more places other than just stay in Republic City. After Harmonic Convergence, new airbenders started popping up all over the place. What got me thinking was for one thing, yay the airbenders arn't almost extinct anymore, but really, was this how airbenders came to be? Could an airbender pop up in the fire nation with fire nation blood in them?? Hard to say but I guess the creators needed to save them somehow. Bumi became an airbender which means Avatar Aang didn't just have one but two Airbender sons in the family. TBH I thought he looked more like the firebender type but oh well haha.

In the first episode(or the second I don't remember) a giant plant thing attacks the city but after that episode where did it go? What happened? It's like they completely forgot about it. Maybe it'll come back in another episode?? Who knows but uh oh haha!

New characters are introduced including an Airbender named Kai who I've drawn a liking to. Maybe they'll create a new season with him, who knows haha, but he's my favourite in this season! He developed airbending skills quite quickly for someone who had only just got his bending abilities not too long ago.

Some other characters are introduced also but I won't go into too much depth as I'm sure you don't want me to talk about characters all day but in my opinion why does every season have it's own bad guy. Legend of Aang had Zuko, Zhao, Azula and Ozai but you kind of think every fire nation person is bad but Legend of Korra kind of goes all over the place with them. What we wonder in this series are who are these bad guys and what do they want with Korra?? In Episode 8 they try and capture her but is saved by her friends and comrades(can't spell the a word sorry ><).

Speaking of episode 8 there's a couple of things I remember too. Korra learns metal bending and Lin has a sister(who knew!) and the father? No one knows yet but people are eager to find out!

Season 3 has many plot turns and surprises! I'm ending the post here as I'm sure you're ready to watch this show if you haven't aready. If I had to rate it so far I'd give it a 8.5/10. In terms of story line it's really improved from the previous books. I think what's made it really interesting is that you want to know what will happen with the airbenders and why do people want to kidnap Korra? And Lin's family connections??? And the evil queen who's not good with animals. Oh well, there's still more episodes in store for Avatar so stay tuned! Watch if you haven't watched this series yet, especially if you like action, adventure with some sci-fi elements. It's commonly mistaken for an anime so if you like anime then possibly consider it. For now bye!



No comments:

Post a Comment