Saturday 9 August 2014

The Voice Kids Australia (TV Show Review)

Ok so just to let you know, when I say review, I really just mean that I talk about my thoughts on something. Today I decided to watch the first episode of The Voice Kids Australia. So I don't usually watch The Voice(Because I don't really watch TV) but if you know me, you'd know that I do find it interesting hearing child singers sing(fact I was one, but not professional). So when I heard it being advertised, I decided to watch the first episode.

So what is The Voice? Or at least the Kids version anyway. Kids go and stand on a stage a sings a song while the judges (in this case 4) sit in a revolving chair which is initially facing the back of the singer so the judges can only listen to the person's voice, rather than just picking with looks that can affect. When the judge presses the button, it means that they want the child/ children in their team. As the button is pressed, the chair turns around and faces the stage. Once the song ends, the child/children must choose to be in which team. If the judge didn't press the button, then it means that they did't want them in their team and they can't pick that judge. That's for the audition stage anyway.

I think compared to other children versions of reality TV, this one feels less kiddish if you get what I mean. Such that it still feels like The Voice.(Bad explanation huh??)Maybe because the first episode had many children in the tween ages?? Almost everyone shown got through though(in the first episode at least). It makes me wonder if there's a huge selection process before they get to sing in front of the judges as I know from experience that there is many children who sound like they're shouting instead of singing, but all these singers can actually sing, even if they didn't get in.

The only real negative I can say from watching this show is that the judges like to bribe the child(or children), which could influence their choices but other than that I think I quite like this show! I'm up to episode 2 already(watching on demand). All I can say is that I wish this show was in NZ! That's all for this review, bye!


Video Uploaded by The Voice Australia, 30/3/14

No comments:

Post a Comment