Tuesday 5 August 2014

Dead Island (Game Review)

You know one thing I've missed out of the URL? Gaming, and also books!!! I'm thinking of changing my page name before too many people find it. For now anyway  I will be doing a quick review on Dead Island(PS3 Version). I just recently swapped this game in for Burnout Paradise for $16. I had heard good things about the game and also I've seen my friends play it before and they liked it.

The survival/ horror game starts off inside a hotel and you don't really know where to go or what has really happened. You come across funny looking people(zombies) and run. The first time I actually got scared as they attacked because I forgot how to sprint, and also the vibrate was on so I had to turn it off(I don't like it at all). Anyway, later on you're saved by survivors and you do these quests where you find items and stuff and clear out all the zombies. It's pretty graphic stuff, I know why it's R18 now!!!

I have only played around one hour of the game so I can't say that I know a lot about the game, but usually if you don't like the game within a certain time frame then it's not very good at all. I do have to say that the game is a bit glitchy though (and I've heard about some of them online). The camera angles could be a bit better as it made me want to throw up within that hour of the game (that's why I quit haha).


Dead Island - 10 Minutes Gameplay by GameStar, 25/05/11

What I like about the game is the fighting zombies but but they could have done a better job though. POV is through the eyes in the game. I'm not quite sure if they have it or not but it'd be nice if there was a full body view, that way it's easier to see where you're hitting as you need to balance your way to hit zombies and pick up items.

I was actually watching Resident Evil the week before and Shiki the week before so I thought it was time to play a Zombie themed game :) Anyway if I had to score this game, I'd give it a 6.5/10 as it's not bad at all but not outstanding. Not really much story-wise, and things could have been improved.

As a little note, from now on I'm going to just post YouTube videos of the things I'm reviewing and talking about, until I figure out the whole copyright thing because I'm pretty sure I didn't have permission for any of the images. But anyway, I hope you enjoyed this quick review. Until next time, bye!

Dead Island Official Announcement Trailer: Uploaded by IGN on 16/2/11

No comments:

Post a Comment