Friday 15 August 2014

Sight Training (Game Review)

Before I start this post I would like to say one thing. I've bought my first warped disc! I'm currently trying to flatten it out by placing some weights on top of it to try and flatten it out(hope it helps), otherwise I probably need to return it back to Hong Kong @@, it was only like $7 NZD so I think I can forget about it if I need to pay postage.

Anyway, my packages from Mighty Ape arrived today! I bought Jak and Daxter and also God of War Ghost of Sparta for PSP and also Big Brain Academy and Sight Training for Nintendo DS. I'll review the PSP games at a later date when I manage to play them but first I would like to talk about Sight Training. Big Brain Academy will go on my next post.

Anyway first, I have to say for $5, it's quite worth it, though it was a daily deal so you can't find it at that price now days. So what is this Sight Training? Well as the game title suggests, the game tests your eyes out with 5 different visual ability games which are...

1. Momentary Vision
2. Hand-Eye Co-ordination
3. Peripheral Vision
4. Eye Movement
5. Dynamic Visual Acuity

I wouldn't call this a game really, but just fun exercises to help train your eyes in the 5 areas. As I'm currently short sighted, I thought maybe it could help my eyes adjust, and also as I suffer from motion sickness, I thought maybe it could help me from not getting sick so easily as I believe that it's all to do with my eyes.

Anyway, I tried the game out today and basically all you do is training exercises to help strengthen your eyes through different mini games and activities/ tests. It's more of a thing you want to do daily, than actually play for a long time which sets itself different from the usual DS games that I play.

I really hope that this game helps out my sight. I might post after a month or two to tell you about my results from this game. It's good as you get to track your records of how far you have gotten and improved(or not if you're doing bad). I currently have the eyes of a 50 year old (apparently lolz).

One thing I have to say though, the text takes so long to read, I want to just skim and read quickly, but you have to wait for the text to type out, then press the green button to go next to read more!

Currently, my favourite is the boxing game! It's so fun!!! Try it out some time if you feel like it. For $5 is was worth it I think! It will definitely be more of a daily ritual, but I wouldn't play it for hours on end. The game is nicely structured and I don't think there's any problems with the game at all. I can't say much about the graphics because it is a DS game.

On an added note, usually after working your eyes, you get to relax them through a relaxing exercise with your eyes :) Do I need to rate this game?? Maybe a 7?? It's not bad, and I won't get bored if I spend 10 or so minutes per day doing this, so yep, that's all folks!


Sight Training (DS) - E3 2007 

Uploaded by planetnintendoit, 26/3/2008


No comments:

Post a Comment