Sunday 10 August 2014

Bleach, The First Two Seasons (Anime Review)

Hello everybody! I'm currently watching Full Metal Panic, but I haven't finished watching it yet so I won't talk about it yet, but today I finished watching season 2 of Bleach. So I bought both of the Bleach Bankai Boxes which contain episodes from 1-229 so I have a lot to watch.

I have watched Bleach before, but only made it up to the first 20-30 episodes before I stopped. This happened a second time a year later. I decided to buy the Bankai Box Set so that it forces me(yes I watch if I buy!) to watch Bleach(This didn't actually help me watch Dragon Ball + Z + GT though as the whole set is still sitting in my room (only through part of season 3 of Z!) but yeah anyway, I made it though season 2 within a month or two which is pretty good considering uni and everything. The first 2 or 3 seasons seem to be the longest with around 24 episodes each, while some of the other seasons don't seem to have as many episodes.

I'm going to have a hard time describing the plot until the end of season 2 so it's better if you go search it up yourself or watch it but really,  in a couple of sentences, the main character Ichigo becomes a soul reaper(hard to describe what they are sorry!) after the character Rukia(another soul reaper) gives some of her powers to him. She is later punished for doing this, and is sentenced to death, causing Ichigo and some friends to go and rescue her by going to the soul society, and that's basically it.

This anime contains a lot of action, I'd say probably at least 2/3 of the time, someone is fighting someone(or some thing) so you can expect that. And as this show is more for an older audience rather than just kids, it features blood. My thoughts on this show is that they sort of drag on the episodes on. The series could be compressed more if the people ho made the show wanted to, not saying that it's bad or anything, it's actually alright. I won't really talk about Dragonball Z, but if you've seen it you'd know that they really drag on the episodes there!

The show also as its funny moments, not that I can describe any at this moment, but there are some so if you want to see some light comedy mixed in with action then this is the show for you! This is a really long series so if you have time, then why not! Most episodes do end on a cliff hanger so it makes you want to watch the next episode!! On a related note, each series does seem to end on a cliff hanger too. Rukia was taken away in season 1, so you want to know what will happen to her and what happens to Ichigo too(I can't remember if he decides to go to the soul society in the first or second season but sorry if I've ruined it for you already). In season 2 a soul reaper is murdered, which is a rare case, and also us as viewers want to know what happens to Ichigo and Rukia. Also there were some characters who seemed to have disappeared but I don't know if it was mentioned in an episode or not. Oh well, that's all for this review, thanks for reading this post! I'm trying to post everyday! I do watch something everyday so it's ok! Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment