Sunday 31 August 2014

Yogi Bear (2010 Film Review)

Ok so I bought this DVD quite some time ago, and decided randomly today to watch this as it's one of the only unwatched DVD movies I have left in my library. I myself have never seen any Yogi Bear episodes, and never grew up watching it before, so I can't compare this with the original so this is my review on the film, and the character(s) overall.

I'll skip the major plot-lines, but basically a park is going to be demolished, and they need to raise enough money to save it. Overall I expected the movie to be more based on the character Yogi Bear, but I felt like the animated characters were more of a side plot extra as a majority of the film doesn't quite revolve around them. I think that people who grew up watching the TV show would be a bit disappointed watching this film.

The film overall isn't really bad. For a kids film, I'm sure that it will entertain them. Yogi Bear sort of reminds me of Scooby Doo, I think I know where one of the characters were inspired from(same creators too!) The film flows quite smooth and it's not exactly boring. I'd have to give it a 4/10. Not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment