Wednesday 27 August 2014

The Expendables 3 (Film Review)

So yesterday I went and saw The Expendables 3 at the movies without properly watching the first 2 films(even though I have them on Blu-Ray :P). Anyway, I won't reference much of the plot as I don't want to spoil a new movie release, and also, I can't reference any of the other films, so this is a review on a person who has only seen this film with no influences of the others.

The first thing I thought while watching this movie was "Where do I know him from", this happened quite a few times throughout the film, me trying to figure out who each person was, as I know many and have seen quite a few films in my lifetime. There's really only a few characters who have major roles in this film, everyone else basically have cameos, even though they're one of the main characters in the film(strange huh??). I think that's probably one of the weak points to this film. I think as there's so many actors trying to fit into the film, it came to a point where not enough of the actors actually got speaking roles, or you just see them for a few scenes.

But if you're looking for action and suspense then you've got it! This film never misses out on any action. The whole film is full of it actually! Explosions everywhere, buildings falling down etc, you've got it!

I have to say Antonio Banderas who plays Galgo did quite the job on playing a chatterbox. So much that everyone in the room kept laughing whenever he opened his mouth!

The effects for this film were really amazing I think, now days you can't tell the fake from real anymore which is great!!

I don't really have much to say, except that many people die haha, so all in all I'll give it an 8 out of 10. It's a pretty good action film. I will now go and watch the first two films and maybe compare them with this one to see if my views change.

No comments:

Post a Comment