Wednesday 13 August 2014

Full Metal Panic! (Anime Review)

I bought the fat pack set in June and just recently decided to watch it. Problem is that disc 5 was faulty. Might ape was very kind and are going to get a replacement for me. Until then, I thought I should review the series, up until around the mid point(where I've stopped).

So what sort of anime is this? It is heavily military based as the male protagonist Sousuke Sagara and is squad are set to protect a high school girl named Kaname Chidori. Sagara goes undercover at school, and people initially think that he just has some military obsession or something. 

The anime is mainly set at school over the first few episodes but once Chidori is saved by Sagara after being kidnapped by an organisation, the plot has a sort of shift. My thoughts on the series is that after this, the series sort of goes out of the window. I do not believe that there is much that is happening story wise. The first few episodes are promising though. I think that the whole series could have been concluded within the first 12 episodes, or in a movie instead, but certain anime titles do follow this sort of style.

What does this anime bring? Well, it brings action of course(military orientated show) so you see guns and all sorts of military equipment(plus some futuristic stuff). There are elements of comedy, probably more adult related jokes but you get what I mean anyway. 

Relationships(and love) also build on this series, as Segara is the secret love interest of Chidori, and possibly others too, but you can tell that Chidori acts all angry, like she hates him when she's at school and stuff (show trope haha).

So should you watch this anime title? Well it's not for me to decide but I have to say that it's not bad at all. I'd probably give it a 7.5 as I know I've seen better before. I think that if the series ran smoothly without episode which have their separate plot, then it would have been an ever better show.

Well that's what I thought of Full Metal Panic. Hope you enjoyed reading this quick post. Talk to you soon, bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment