Sunday 3 August 2014

Eden of the East (Anime Review)

Hello everybody! Today I will be reviewing the 2009 anime Eden of the East (TV Show only). I actually bought this DVD on Thursday and it arrived on Saturday but I managed to finish the whole thing today! It was on sale so I decided to buy it, not realising that there was the same collection but with the two films added into the collection! But oh well!

I won't go into depth too much as it'll spoil the surprise for you but basically some missiles strike Japan and is forgotten months later by the population. Most of the anime is circled around the two protagonists of the series, the guy Akira Takizawa and girl Saki Morimi. Turns out the anime is about a game and the people playing have cellphones. When I found this out I suddenly thought of Future Diary! There are a couple similarities but if you're looking for more action and blood I suggest you watch Future Diary. Eden of the East is more mystery based, the main mystery is to who the character Akira really is as the character has lost his memory right at the start of the film so he doesn't remember who he is. We as viewers(and also some of the characters of the film) are unsure as to if he is a good or bad guy until the final few episodes of the show.  (Hopefully I haven't spilled the beans already ><)

I had high hopes for this anime, it started off in a weird way in America(just watch it, then you'll know haha) and ends a bit weird too. I expected this to be another action packed series or romance kind of anime but it's not really the case, all I can say is that it's different, but in a good way. I did manage to last watching the whole series in one day though. Usually if a series is really good you get these withdraw symptoms but this wasn't the case at all for this show, I feel like it's more like a film. It's something I'd watch once but possibly not again.

I'd give it a 7.5/10. It's not a bad anime at all. Recommended for people who want to watch something different to your usual anime titles that you hear about online. It does have a few laughs here and there mixed in with the seriousness so if you think you like the sounds of this title then you should go watch it! It's out on Blu-ray and DVD so you can get your hands on it :)

See you all next time in the next review, hope you enjoyed! What I'll do is review a couple of other titles that I've watched later on even though it's been a little while since I've seen them. Maybe I'll watch them again, who knows?! If you like my new blog then don't forget to share with your friends, I'd love to get other people doing reviews on here too in the future!

Edit - Sorry I know I'm not the best at these reviews but I'll get better as I write more. I'm not A+ in the writing side but I hope you're not here to read an essay! Just a brief overview and my thoughts, that is what these posts are all about, thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment