Sunday 24 August 2014

DragonBall Z Raging Blast 2 (PS3 Game Review)

So today I decided to play the game DragonBall Z Raging Blast 2 on PS3 for around an hour to see what the game was like. Like my previous reviews, I just talk about my thoughts on the game, that's all.

So what do you do in this game?? Well.... it's a 3D fighting game which means that there's a 3D look to all the characters. There's a few different modes you can play in. One I played was Galaxy Mode, which is basically story mode, but I have to say that for story mode, there's not much of a story going on, just fighting really. I tried out some of the other modes, and you guessed it, fighting!! But I'm not just saying this just because, but I feel like the game is a bit repetitive.

It's different to your usual Tekken, or Street Fighter definitely, though for some reason the health bar brings me back to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Kingdom Hearts. Talking about the health bar, it confused me a bit, until I really took notice of it. When your health bar reaches empty, it automatically fills up again. I had to stare at it for a while before it made sense, so you and your opponent get 3 or four dots(maybe more when you go further in the game), and for each time you or your opponent reaches zero health, one dot disappears and the health fills again, so in actual fact, you stick around until all the dots disappear and the health is empty!! I think this is the first time I've seen something like this before so it's sort of a shock lol.

While you're fighting, I find the moves a bit repetitive. I just press square multiple times, and or press triangle, or mix triangle and square to attack. I don't think there's much of a move set so the game feels a bit repetitive which is a down side of this game. A sort of cool thing is that once you clear a stage, you unlock some sort of award or item or something. Sometimes you unlock pictures(which I think are just stills from the TV show lol).

I have played some Dragon Ball Z games in the past, and I don't think there's much difference between those games and this one. You still just fight opponents, there's not much to it(at least for what I've played so far). A cool thing which they always put in is the interactive loading screens. In this game you just press buttons which show up on screen. Not as fun as the flying Roshi in one of the previous games!!

I give this game a 6/10. I mean it's not bad, and it's entertained me for at least an hour so it's ok. I think they could have worked on a better story though, that would have made the game very exciting. I think that if you have any of the other Dragon Ball Z games and are thinking of buying this one, then maybe only buy it if it's on sale, or if you're a collector or something, because I don't see the point on buying this game really, unless you want to try out a DBZ game!!!

So that's all really. This game does have multi-player mode I believe so I think it could be fun to play with friends or family. That's all for this review!

No comments:

Post a Comment